Men are not supposed to be afraid. They are raised to be warriors, protectors and conquerors. For Christian men, the challenge to grasp biblical truths and overcome fear can be daunting in the face of worldly pressures. This article is part of a series and offers men one key to overcoming fear. [Read more…]
- “I just don’t care!”
- “I feel numb! “
- “I give up! Whatever!”
Do you want to cross over out of lukewarmness and get back to on-fire passionate living?
Consider some of the dreams and goals that you had when you were younger. Everything seemed so attainable and possible, but over time things got further out of reach with increased responsibilities.
Do you know why?
The demonic kingdom wants to steal the gifts and ministry God has planned for your life.
Here is the sad part: For most of us, our own words begin to confirm the lies of the enemy and put our dreams out of reach. With only a few set backs or missed opportunities a spirit of apathy sets the kindling fire with your tongue, and begins to move you off Gods destiny path.
Apathy is a fraudulent cover up we use as a self defense mechanism to keep people from seeing our true feelings.
Now that we have exposed this lying spirit of apathy, let’s shed some truth on it.
Gods plan for your life has not expired.
Your desires were placed on your heart by God himself, and today is a new day filled with abundant grace to take back what the enemy has stolen.
Breaking Apathy In Your Life
Get some time alone and do the following:
- Review your life and look at some of the losses or instances that caused you to doubt your ability. Write them down.
- Forgive those that were involved in those losses or missed opportunities.
- Forgive yourself for giving up on Gods purpose and ask God to forgive you for agreeing with what the enemy said over your future.
- Write down word curses you have spoken over those missed opportunities that may have allowed an apathetic spirit to numb you or steal your passion.
- Pray this out loud: “Heavenly Father, I know that you have planted in me a purpose-filled destiny for the kingdom of God. I repent for having spoken out words that do not line up with that purpose, specifically ( speak out loud those words you have spoken over yourself) I now break the power of these word curses and any unknown word curses and all that I have spoken over myself. I cancel the assignment of every spirit upon me from these curses and declare that you have no hold over me, in the name of Jesus Christ.”
You may require additional counseling or deliverance ministry but these simple steps will fan the flames of hope in your life and begin to move you from defeat to victory today.
The medical profession is awash in diagnoses where the last word in the phrase is “syndrome” or “disorder”. New terms and categories are being created rapidly so that, once identified, a treatment plan (frequently involving medications) can be developed and implement.
Many seasoned ministers and counselors in the Body of Christ contend that syndromes and disorders are spiritual afflictions that spiritual solutions more so than medication. [Read more…]
Our approach for providing Christian counseling for depression in men is similar in most ways to what we do with women. However, the bible defines different roles for men and women and the different sources of depression must be addressed.
Women are typically much more vocal than men about their need for help with depression. They are generally better at getting in touch with their emotions while men will try to deny their emotions, shield theirs and hide them from others. [Read more…]
Has an unresolved argument caused you to lose sleep?
Ephesians 4:26-27 (NLT) states: “Don’t sin by letting anger control you.] Don’t let the sun go down while you are still angry, for anger gives a foothold to the devil.” [Read more…]