Has an unresolved argument caused you to lose sleep?
Ephesians 4:26-27 (NLT) states: “Don’t sin by letting anger control you.] Don’t let the sun go down while you are still angry, for anger gives a foothold to the devil.”
That foothold is eight more hours of meditation while you sleep. You may fall asleep, but your brain is busy sorting the day’s incoming information and filing it with like memories. When you wake up, yesterday’s anger has found friends and magnified the emotion. The result is you wake up angrier than when you went to bed!
So, if someone gets you angry at 10am, you have until 10pm to forgive them. But if they upset you at 9 pm you need to work fast to release them.
5 Specific Steps To Deal With Anger and Get a Better Night’s Sleep!
1. Release forgiveness and drop judgment out loud before you go to bed. Forgiveness is not based on your emotions, and it doesn’t make what the other person did to you right. Releasing forgiveness is an act of your free will. It releases you from the torment of anger, resentment, bitterness, and frustration. Speaking it out loud lets the demonic realm know what you have done.
2. Break an ungodly soul ties with the offender. (for example, “Lord, I break the ungodly soul tie with____, and I plead the blood of Jesus between us. I dispatch warring angels to stand between us, and I do all this in the name of Jesus.”)
3. Ask God to forgive you both. (for example, “Father, please forgive ____ for he knows not what he does and forgive me for anything that I may have done or said to displease you in any way.”)
4. Ask God to bless the offender radically with His best! Don’t think of this as a bonus check for bad behavior. Blessings come in all forms. Perhaps this prayer will help them to repent and break free from anger. Luke 6:27-28 commands us to pray for those who have hurt us and bless those who have cursed us.
5. Ask God to convict the offender of his or her sin. This helps you release the situation and the person to God. It will take the anvil out of your hand and give it to the right Judge. After all, He is the only one who can see both sides of this argument.
These 5 five simple steps can help you deal with the anger and hopefully get a better night’s sleep.
Here is a Bonus Key!
Ask Holy Spirit to show you a Psalm to meditate on that will change your perspective before you close your eyes to sleep. Meditating on God’s word is the best way focus on things that are praiseworthy and excellent!