What is the spiritual threat of Cancel Culture? Here is a clue: it has to do with one of God’s most excellent tools to overcome the enemy. [Read more…]
“What if our economy crashes?
“What if I lose my job?”
“What if we lose our freedom?”
Welcome to fear of the future that creeps in with the dreadful words “What if?”.
“What if’s” are meant to take you out of God’s timing. They run you out from under his umbrella of grace with foreboding spirits of dread. They cause you to fear tomorrow, next week, or years from now.
Grace, like Manna, was only given for a day. When you run ahead with spirits of fear, you come out from under God’s protective grace, and your manna supply rots.
It is time to stop! Turn off the sound of conflict and focus on the word of God.
God is still in control, the ruling spirit is still the Holy Spirit, and God’s promises are for today! Focus your attention on the truth of God and not the lies of the enemy.
We struggle with disappointment because we lean on our own understanding. Do you remember the two believers traveling on the road to Emmaus in Luke 24:13? They were heading away from Jerusalem while consumed by the disappointment of Jesus’ death. They failed to realize Jesus was walking right beside them with the roadmap. As believers, we walk from a place of victory at the cross to success in our future. Don’t let the “what if’s” steal your peace.
The word Shalom means the absence of chaos. You may find yourself in a hurricane of thoughts and emotions, but it is time to center yourself in the eye of the storm and rest in the Shalom presence of God.
Abraham Expected the Promise
I love how The Passion Translation paints the picture of Abrahams faith in God’s promises:
Against all odds, when it looked hopeless, Abraham believed the promise and expected God to fulfill it. Romans 4:18
Abraham believed because he did not rely on the facts.
In spite of being nearly one hundred years old when the promise of having a son was made, his faith was so strong that it could not be undermined by the fact that he and Sarah were incapable of conceiving a child. Romans 4:19
5 Keys to Remove the Dreadful “What if’s?”
- Bind spirits of dread with the blood of Jesus from invading your thoughts for the next 30 days. When you hear the words “What if,” declare: I bind every spirit of dread and fear of the future that is tormenting my mind right now with the blood of Jesus Christ. I loose the shalom peace of God over my mind, and I choose to rest in peace in Jesus’ name.
- Think about what you are thinking about and ask God to show you what lies at the root of fear. When the world’s noise gets too loud, look up and know that all of heaven is rejoicing because it is getting closer and closer to victory.
- Ask God to show you his perspective and trust God. He will use what is meant for evil for your good.
- Focus your thoughts on five things you can be grateful for in your life today.
- Seek deliverance and counseling if you need help removing dread routed in fear of the future.
Some battles require pastoral counseling assistance. If you can’t do it alone, get help to win the battle!
Some clients come in who are mad at God. They’ve received prophetic words, or assurances in their spirit, about what God was going to do, and they’ve not been fulfilled. They’ve believed teachings that tell them God’s plan will always be accomplished, and their faith takes a beating as life events unfold in a different direction.
Is that you? [Read more…]
Are you ready for a fresh start? Or are wrong expectations causing you to drag last year’s strongholds into 2021? What you expect is the focus of your faith, and you will get what you expect! Fresh starts require a new focal point.
God allowed us some unusual trials last year that He meant to strengthen the body of Christ. We are living in the days of the world getting darker so our light can shine brighter. That is the promise of God’s word, but if your focus is on the darkness, you will get swallowed by the lies of the enemy. [Read more…]
You are not alone!
Many clients come in for family counseling after all the holiday meltdowns. Feeling helpless in your own home is not an option this year. It’s time to rise and use your authority, and with God, it is not that difficult.
Your marriage and family did not get to this warzone overnight. Still, there are some actions you can take now to disrupt the plans of the enemy that sabotage your holidays.
God gave us the keys when Jesus said to Peter:
“I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven.” (Matt. 16:19)
In other words, you can bind demons and loose the fruits of Holy Spirit and interrupt the plans of hell.
How to Interrupt a Demonic Agenda
Let’s start with some ground rules. First, you want to use the key of binding and loosing as an offensive strategy before entering your family gatherings. If you wait, demons will compromise your battleplan by getting a hook in your flesh with anger or resentment. Next, never bind and loose in front of the person. When you speak the name of a demon out loud in the person’s presence manifesting, they amplify.
- Before you walk into any gathering, ask God to fill you with His love. Visualize yourself walking into Him; as you abide in the presence of the Holy Spirit, his character will overtake you. Ask God to anoint your head with oil, so no weapon formed against you can prosper. Love is the only weapon that will put hot coals on the enemy’s head. The demonic realm is using your family to lure you into battle.
- Bind demonic spirits and loose the Holy Spirit. On your way to the gathering, bind the demons in individuals that cause the contention.
“I bind in (Name) every spirit of (anger, resentment, lying, mocking, pride, self-pity, depression, selfishness, etc.) and I loose on (Name) the fruits of the Holy Spirit (love, peace, joy, goodness, kindness, gentleness, patience, truth, etc.) in the name of Jesus Christ.”
If the dreaded family drama still erupts, excuse yourself and retreat to the bathroom and quietly pray out loud:
“I bind every manifesting spirit from operating through (names) right now with the blood of Jesus Christ, and I call forth the fruit of the Holy Spirit of Love, Joy, Peace….upon them now in Jesus’ mighty name.”
Binding and loosing are our kingdom keys to use. Remember, you are not casting the spirits out; you are binding them for a short period. This plan will interrupt the flow of demonic torment and allow the restoration of peace.
- Bind word cursing spirits from using the mouths of others. Pray; “In the name and blood of Jesus Christ, I bind any word cursing spirits of death from using (name) mouth, and I silence those spirits now in Jesus’s name. Instead, I loose words of life to flow from (name) mouth now in the name of Jesus Christ.”
Do this as an offensive move before entering conversations with family members that are negative or gossip. What you may find is that they have nothing to say. Life and death, blessings and curses are in the power of the tongue. Prov. 18:21
These action items, if applied correctly in faith, can bring positive change to your holidays. Be hopeful and persistent, and you will reap a harvest of peace that will be long remembered.