Internet (or online) deliverance ministry is an emerging phenomenon in the Body of Christ. The exploding need, coupled with a shortage of qualified deliverance ministers, is fueling this new venture.
Since 2008, most of our deliverance sessions have taken place in an office or group seminar environment. In 2010, we actively embraced and employed Internet and social media technology to expand our reach.
God told me from the outset that we were to have a worldwide presence, and we have had many prophetic words that have confirmed that promise. Like the scene in the “Field of Dreams”’ movie, I sensed Him saying, “If you build it, they will come.”
I understood that call to increase our footprint by ministering to others worldwide as He brought them in, and to develop training resources.
We have used various web conferencing applications to minister deliverance to hundreds of individuals in different locales.
In October 2015, we were asked to share our experience on internet deliverance at the International Society of Deliverance Ministers (ISDM) conference in Corinth, TX. We spoke to over three hundred attendees and hopefully planted seeds and gave them ideas to expand their local ministries.
Currently, approximately 50% of our new clients are coming for internet / online sessions and expect that number to escalate dramatically. The hunger for deliverance ministry is intensifying, and more people are looking for help. They cannot find it locally so are exploring other options.
Effective Online Deliverance Ministry
I’d like to share some insights we’ve gained over the years and present five important facets of online deliverance ministry all should understand:
1. Face-to-face sessions are preferred. Deliverance ministry is one vehicle for helping people move ahead in their walk with the Lord. While there are different approaches and group seminars can be effective, we believe that personal, one-on-one ministry is the best model.In-office, face-to-face sessions are ideal and preferred because of the personal contact that is available.We believe that physically laying hands on people (as Jesus modeled) is very important and the dynamics are much more pronounced when the minister and the prayee are in the same room.The greater question is whether the alternative works well? We believe this strongly and are fervently committed to training deliverance ministers in the Body of Christ to meet the growing need.
2. Technology is up to the task. To have a satisfactory online/internet experience, we recommend that the following parameters be in place:
a. Reliable, high-speed internet connection. This is rarely an issue these days, but some of our international customers have challenges here.
b. Webcam, with video and microphone capability. The entry-level offerings here (including integrated camera/microphone in tablets and phones) are adequate. Quality video and audio are required; unlike some other centers; we do not do deliverance over the phone because of the premium we place on virtual face-to-face contact. We want to be able to see if there are manifestations (eye twitches, yawning, coughing, burping and so on) as we minister so we can assess if the spirits are leaving as they are being called out.
c. Web conferencing capability. While there are some free offerings, we have found that the subscription offerings from premium providers offer some proven benefits, including speed, reliability, and ease of use. Presently, we utilize GoToMeeting.Many of our clients are not computer wizards so having something that is easy to use and troubleshoot is important. Two key features we value are the ability to have multiple people online at one time and to share our computer screen. We use a PowerPoint teaching tool, so this is important for us.
The technical pieces are all in place to provide a positive ministry outcome.
3. Internet ministry will increase until local help becomes widely available. We receive inquiries from all over the U.S., Canada, and countries worldwide because our clients cannot find deliverance ministry help locally. Some live in remote or rural areas, and stable nearby churches can even be hard to find. Churches or ministries that have an effective deliverance ministry offering can be hard to locate, so people turn to the internet to see what is available.
4. Internet deliverance can be effective! Having a need and having the technology would not be sufficient if good fruit does not result. Online counseling has been practiced extensively for some time, and many have utilized the telephone as well. As outlined earlier, we contend that deliverance ministry is best with the video component as well and our experience is that all the pieces can come together to facilitate a productive experience. At the end of the day, that should be the most important factor of all. We minister to people over a five-session process and during the final one, we teach and go over the steps to “walk out deliverance” to see and maintain lasting fruit, more of the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23).
5. Online services demand some safeguards. As professional counselors, we are covered by liability insurance and strongly encourage anyone that is doing counseling or deliverance in a church or ministry environment to have that in place. We are also sensitive to the reality that during the deliverance session, demons can manifest and try to wreak havoc.
When demons manifest in the office, we can deal with it quickly. When the client is on the other end of a webcam, a different approach is necessary.
We ideally prefer that someone else be there with them in the room so that they can intervene. Unfortunately, deliverance ministry for most is a very private affair, and the client often has no one who can be there. In those instances, we insist that someone else be close by and we have their cell phone number to call in case a physical intervention is required.
Fortunately, we have not had to utilize that option. We also try to gauge the level of torment that a person is experiencing and the nature of their temperament. This helps us to assess the degree of manifestation that we may see so we can anticipate that.
Do not let your geographic location limit your access to help. If you need deliverance from strongholds, conventional counseling (Christian or secular) will not get you to victory. Jesus did not counsel demons out of people, rather he cast them out.
Do your own research to locate competent ministers. We help clients all over the world, and you can visit our website to see success stories. Ready to learn more about us? Click here. Ready to get stared? Fill out this online form to get started. Do not delay; freedom is at hand.
*More Ways to Enjoy This Post*