I heard a nugget of truth several years back during an interview with a couple who had been married over fifty years. The interviewer asked the husband what the secret was to a happy marriage. His answer was so simple and so profound that it embedded firmly in my memory bank and I will share it with you. [Read more…]
“The devil is in the details” (or fine print). You’ve heard people declare that in exasperation. Are you aware that it belonged to God first? Taking the easy way out and relying on God to bail us out can lead to disaster.
Consider this explanation in Wikipedia:
“The devil is in the detail” is an idiom that refers to a catch or mysterious element hidden in the details, meaning that something might seem simple at a first look but will take more time and effort to complete than expected and derives from the earlier phrase, “God is in the detail” expressing the idea that whatever one does should be done thoroughly; i.e. details are important. (Emphasis added).
Satan unleashes a familiar attack on the heart of a woman. He is a thief, he knows you, hates you, and wants to take your identity. He creeps in to kill, steal and destroy God’s plan for your life (John 10:10). He is not creative with his assault because what he is using has worked for centuries.
His agenda is a repeating play of rejection, isolation, abandonment, and distrust. It continues to debut with different actors at the various stages of your life. The game has the same ending. It leaves you defeated and sinking deeper into a den of distrust. [Read more…]
One passage that tormented me for years was Phil 4:11-13. Paul boasted that:
“I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength.” [Read more…]
Feedspot.com has selected Above & Beyond for placement in it’s top RSS feeds for Christian Counseling blogs and YouTube Channels! It’s an honor to be selected in both categories.
What is Feedspot.com? From their own website:
Feedspot is the content reader for reading all your favorite websites in one place.
- Add your favorite Blogs, News websites, RSS Feeds, Youtube Channels and Social sites accounts to your Feedspot account and read new updates from one place.
- Using a content reader helps you keep up with your top information sources – content comes straight to you, saving you the time to go and check every site on your own.
- Feedspot also keeps track of which items you’ve read, so you only see the unread items when you come back, even when you login on different devices.
It is a fee-based service they provide to subscribers to collect the top RSS feeds for category content in one place .
Here’s the link for blogs:
- https://blog.feedspot.com/christian_counseling_blogs/ – we’re at # 8 in the Top 35 Christian Counseling Blogs
Here’s the link for YouTube channels:
- https://blog.feedspot.com/counseling_youtube_channels/ – we are #6 here in the Top Counseling YouTube Channels Visit us on YouTube.
We want to thank all of our faithful readers, listeners and viewers.
We consider these selections as a validation of efforts to publish quality content that is useful and entertaining. We are pressing on with the mission!