One client told me that she was the smartest most strategic business leader around, but that she never got a break. She knew she had a gift of leadership but could not see the spirit of rebellion that had erected a stronghold right next to it.
Her cycle of sin started with pride leading to control, impatience to anger, and then frustration that led to rebellious sin to soothe her loss. She would call me at the end of every cycle repenting from how she blew it.
Are you a leader?
Can you recognize the demonic strongholds sabotaging it?
Or are they so hindered you can’t recognize any of it?
Either way here is the good news, no matter what the battle is, God does not take his gifts back!
How Can You Tell if You Are a Leader?
- Leaders are forerunners.
- They see the big picture but often miss the small details.
- They motivate people.
- They gather the troops quickly.
- They are born organizers and great delegators.
- They thrive in a fast-paced environment
- They look at people for what they can bring to meet the goal
- They have a roar like the Lion of Judah
- They are rebels for God
Do you see yourself here?
Good, now let’s take a look at what’s holding you back.
The Top Three Strongholds Sabotaging Leaders:
- The Haughty Stronghold – Your leadership gifts probably showed up at an early age in school. You liked being in charge and expected the attention and respect of your teammates. The enemy began deceiving you into thinking you were better than others. Today you find yourself looking at leaders with a critical eye believing you could do a better job.
Spirits in Operation: Pride, Judgment, Condemnation, Critical, and Perfectionism.
Repent from pride that goes before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall. (Proverbs 16:18).
- The Jealousy Stronghold – Do you surround yourself with people who are weak to control them? If things do not go your way, do you become impatient and angry at their weaknesses? This stronghold leaves you negative and blaming others for the failure of your plans. It will cause you to murmur and complain, which can lead to vengeful thoughts of retaliation.
Spirits in Operation: Bitterness, impatience, frustration, negativity, blaming, control, anger, murmuring and complaining, and selfishness.
Repent: Two wrongs do not make a right. (Roman 12:17) Never retaliate; instead, cultivate a positive attitude that values every person you encounter.
- The Anti-Christ Stronghold -Instead of being a rebel for God and leading the charge, this stronghold erects rebellion against all authority. It rationalizes and justifies your position of resistance. It wants you to lean on your own strength and intellect, not God’s.
Spirits in Operation: Humanism, Intellectualism, and Rebellion.
Repent from leaning on your own understanding (Prov. 3) and begin submitting to authorities with your whole heart (Rom. 12:19). If Jesus could do it, so can you!
Hopefully, this has opened your eyes to the strongholds Satan’s kingdom have erected right next to your gift of leadership.
It’s time to rise up and rebel against what’s actually holding your destiny hostage!
Stay tuned—over the coming weeks, I’m going to address roadblocks to other giftings that the demonic realm tries to use against God’s people.
*More Ways to Enjoy This Post*