Satan unleashes a familiar attack on the heart of a woman. He is a thief, he knows you, hates you, and wants to take your identity. He creeps in to kill, steal and destroy God’s plan for your life (John 10:10). He is not creative with his assault because what he is using has worked for centuries.
His agenda is a repeating play of rejection, isolation, abandonment, and distrust. It continues to debut with different actors at the various stages of your life. The game has the same ending. It leaves you defeated and sinking deeper into a den of distrust.
Sound familiar? A spirit of rejection will infiltrate all areas of your life to steal your identity!
Take the “Rejection Test”
- Do you find yourself comparing your circumstances or situations with others, yet you never seem to measure up?
- Do you feel like you’ve missed life’s opportunities and now it is too late?
- Is no amount of encouragement enough to convince you of your worth?
- Do you feel rejected if you are not greeted or acknowledged by your leaders?
- Do you seek the approval of others and suffer from the addiction of people pleasing?
- Are you easily offended or embarrassed from discipline or correction?
- Do you try to prove yourself in public?
- Do you feel like you are on the outside looking in during interactions with people?
- Do you think you could do a better job than the current leader or teacher, given the opportunity?
- Do you believe no one understands you, or what you are going through?
If you recognize these symptoms, don’t throw in the towel yet keep reading! God is answering the cry of your heart by shedding light on the lies of agreement that have sabotaged your destiny and stolen your identity.
Five Steps to Freedom
- Begin declaring your identity daily. For example,
“I am loved. I am a child of the King. I will take back the full borders of my Land of Promise for the Kingdom of God. I am a wife who respects her husband, a mother who cherishes her children, a gifted_____________ (fill in the blank). I walk in healing restoration and reconciliation. I can do all things through Jesus Christ who strengthens me according to His purpose for my life because I am a daughter of the King and He knows my name.”(John 14:28; Phil 4:13)
- Pray for the revelation of God’s love to show you who you are to Him. There is nothing you can “do” to earn His love. If you are a parent, you know that when you first held your child, you did not give that child a laundry list of expectations to earn your love. The minute that baby was born you were “in” love. Allow that love from your heavenly Father to enter your heart so you can know your new name.
- Recognize that your past is under the blood of Jesus Christ. Your history is not your address; He died to free you from that bondage. Demons of guilt and shame will always remind you of your old name just as they did to Paul when they called him a murderer in Acts 28:4, but that was his past. When he shook the snake off his arm, they changed their minds and called him a god. Shake off your past snake and become the temple blueprint for God.
“Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for creating me with a unique identity and purpose. I pray that You would enlighten the eyes of my understanding to know the dimensions of Your love. Lord, I know that the identity You gave me can only be received by a revelation from You.I bind the spirits of rejection, isolation, abandonment, and distrust that have stolen my identity right now in the Name of Jesus Christ. I loose a spirit of adoption that names me as the beloved. I loose a Spirit of Truth that identifies who I am and who I am called to be. I will no longer shrink back in fear because of experiences. Holy Spirit illuminates who I am as well as Your specific purpose for my life.I know the plans You have for me are to prosper me and give me hope for my future. Your purpose gives me the freedom to be successful and fruitful. I will bring You all the glory! Father, let Your original identity be my reality. In Jesus’ Name, I pray. Amen and Hallelujah.”
- Find a deliverance counselor. If you continue to struggle with spirits of rejection, isolation, abandonment, and distrust, it’s time to boot them out once and for all. God wants to see you free more than you do!
*More Ways to Enjoy This Post*