Do your holidays become more of a battlefield than a picture of good cheer?
Does your family wrap you gifts of guilt, rejection, depression, bitterness, and frustration?
Are you already dreading the drama of the family gathering?
You are not alone!
Many clients that come in for family counseling vocalize the dread of holiday drama. Feeling helpless in your own home is not an option this year. It’s time to rise up and use your authority.
Your marriage and family did not get to this warzone overnight, but there are some actions you can take now disrupt the plans of the enemy that sabotage your holidays.
Holiday Drama Busters
- Bind word cursing spirits from using the mouths of others. Pray; “In the name and blood of Jesus Christ, I bind any word cursing spirits of death from using (name) mouth, and I silence those spirits now in Jesus’s name. Instead, I loose words of life to flow from (name) mouth now in the name of Jesus Christ.”
Do this as an offensive move before you enter into conversations with family members. What you may find is that they have nothing to say. Life and death, blessings and curses are in the power of the tongue. Prov. 18:21
- Take authority over the battlefield areas of your home. If there are particular parts of your home that have been war zones (like the dining room table or the bedroom), go to those areas and:
- Plead the blood of Jesus Christ over the area
- Break any word curses spoken in general over that area.
- Command in Jesus’ name any demonic spirits that have resided over that area to go, and ask Lord to release a Heavenly Host of warrior angels to protect your home.
- Bind demonic spirits and loose the Holy Spirit. If the dreaded family drama starts to manifest, excuse yourself and retreat to the bathroom and quietly pray out loud: “I bind every manifesting spirit from operating through (names) right now with the blood of Jesus Christ, and I call forth the fruit of the Holy Spirit of Love, Joy, Peace….upon them now in Jesus’ mighty name.” Binding and loosing are our kingdom keys to use. Remember, you are not casting the spirits out, you are binding them in general for a short period.
- Before you walk into any gathering, ask God to fill you with His love. Visualize yourself walking into Him; as you abide in the presence of the Holy Spirit, his character will overtake you. Ask God to anoint your head with oil, so no weapon formed against you can prosper. Love is the only weapon that will put hot coals on the enemy’s head. The demonic realm is using your family to lure you into battle.
- Commit for the next 30 days not to bring up the past during an argument. If you slip and bring up old baggage, repent and ask forgiveness from God and each other and resume your fast. After 30 days, the habit of dragging old stuff into current conversations will be gone.
These action items, if applied correctly in faith, can bring positive change to your holidays. Be hopeful and persistent, and you reap more exceptional spiritual gifts this year under your tree!