Let that sink in for a minute.
Allowing the enemy’s lies to become your narrative makes you a food source for demons of anxiety. You have the authority to decline the invitation to stress by refusing to rehearse the outcome the demonic realm has pictured for you by trusting God.
In Ezekiel Chapter 28:13-14, there is a description of Satan as the most beautiful angel with nine stones woven into his garments. Three stones from the breastplate of the priest in Exodus 28 are missing. One of those stones belongs to the tribe of Manasseh, whose name means “forgetting the past.” Satan desires that missing stone so he can manipulate your future via your past. Spoiler alert: He can’t have it unless you hand it to him.
Leaning on your past is what I call the “Lots Wife” syndrome; it only turns you into a shaking pillar of salt.
Six Strategies to Defeat Anxiety
- Identify the area of weakness the enemy is exploiting and repent for any past sin or idolatry. What you obsess over is an idol. It’s challenging to realize that you have made fear a hero, but God has a pathway out of this thinking.
“Do not remember the former things, Nor consider the things of old, Behold, I will do a new thing. Now it shall spring forth. Shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness. And rivers in the desert.” (Isa 43:18-19 NKJV)
- Cancel any words of agreement giving demons authority over your future.Words like:
“I am afraid.” Any statement beginning with the name of God, “I AM,” and connecting it to a demon gives greater authority to the devils.
“My anxiety.” This statement indicates ownership of a demon like yours.
“I can’t do that.” The words “I can’t” are an automatic surrender to the limitation of the enemy. Change your terms to “I choose not to do it at this time.”
- Ask yourself what gift/purpose is the enemy trying to destroy. This war is not about you; it is about your kingdom assignment. The sooner you realize the assault is not personal, you will stir up righteous anger at the enemy and refuse to cower in fear.God revealed to me that the demons sent out to destroy do not even know your name. God, in contrast, knows you by name and has it inscribed on his hands. His protection is personal. We are his bride.
Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine. (Isaiah 43:1, NKJV)
- Command all demon spirits of anxiety to go in the name of Jesus Christ. You have the authority to drive out demons in his name and lose peace over your soul. (Mark 16:17)
- Ask God for a new meditation; focus your thoughts upward when the devil tries to stir up anxiety. When I ask God for his opinions of me, I see pure love emanating out of his eyes. It is a picture of his glory that melts my heart every time.
“You don’t deal with a negative by focusing on it. You focus on the opposite provision, and the negative becomes displaced by the provision that God gives you.” -Graham Cooke
- Seek deliverance. You are not alone. You have a safe place to come and release what the enemy is using against you. We look at the gift you are to the body of Christ to understand the demonic torment you are experiencing.
If you are living with anxiety, that has become your expectation. It is time to exchange that confident expectation for God’s promises. Connect with us; we are only one intake form away!