Do desperate attempts to reconcile a situation leave you rejected and alone?
Have you been called “high maintenance” or “needy”?
Does your ‘love bucket” always feel empty?
There is a crazy cycle of rejection fueled by desperation intent on moving you out from under the grace of God’s timing. It’s a worn out demonic conspiracy that needs to be exposed.
What is the Crazy Cycle of Rejection
- You feel overlooked, ignored, and misunderstood.
- You try to communicate your feelings, but it never comes out right, and people walk away from you.
- You either get angry and become aggressive and drive your relationships further away or you become fearful and retreat in loneliness.
- When nothing seems to work, you shut down.
- When the relationship door cracks open with a crumb of attention, you attack it like a juicy steak dinner. Desperation seizes the moment, and you overwhelm the other person. The door slams again and leaves you devastated and starving for love.
Does this sound familiar? Welcome to the crazy cycle of rejection. It’s a cat and mouse game of pursuit and retreat that has no winner. I hear about this cycle all the time in the office.
I once had a client describe this to me after an argument he had with his spouse: “You don’t understand, Ephesians 4:26 warns us not to let the sun go down on anger or we give the enemy a foothold.” This scripture, twisted by desperation and a fear of rejection, drove him to try and get things resolved while both were still angry. He admitted chasing his wife from room to room to meet the biblical demand and get his needs met. It left them both sleepless, frustrated, and on the verge of divorce.
Keys to Stopping the Crazy Cycle of Rejection
- Stop the striving and seek God first. The number one key to stopping the crazy cycle of rejection is filling the holes in your love bucket with God’s love. No one person is going to “complete you” despite what Renee Zellweger said to Tom Cruise in “Jerry Maguire.” God knows where you are, he hasn’t forgotten or forsaken you. Find a quiet place to pray and center your identity on who you are IN Jesus Christ. Claim the scriptures found in Ephesians chapters 1 and 2 as your inherited rights.
- Command rejection and desperation to go! Declare out loud, “I sever every root, cord, and tentacle of rejection and desperation in the name and blood of Jesus Christ. I say your crazy cycle is over. You have no authority over me any longer, and I command you to lose me now in Jesus’ mighty name. I loose love, joy, and peace over my soul now so I may rest in the love of God and find sanctuary in His presence. Greater is He that is in me than he that is of this world. Let God arise and let His enemies be scattered.
- Understand the right timing for resolution. A line from a Kenny Rogers song comes to mind, “You gotta know when to hold ‘em, know when to fold ‘em, know when to walk away, and know when to run.” Don’t let rejection and desperation drive you out of God’s timing. If you can let it go, God will come to your defense, and your timing will be perfect. I have watched rejected wives stop the pursuit, and wait. As they turned their trust toward God and not their husband, the husband slowly came back.
Does this apply to you? To take the rejection test, published in one of my earlier articles. Also, you can get more insight from my new book, “God’s View Today-Adjusting the Lens on Healing and Deliverance.”
Take the first step today toward freedom. God wants it for you more than you do!