First, we need to debunk three misconceptions about Jezebel:
- Jezebel is not a demon spirit solely assigned to women.
- Jezebel is a territorial (principality) spirit that does not inhabit a body. Ephesians 6:12 talks about spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms and Jezebel is one of those, along with Leviathan, Python, and others. Jezebel directs earthly (first heaven) demons to bring damage and destruction to God’s people.
- Jezebel’s agenda is more extensive than just ungodly control and manipulation.
In her book, “Jezebel’s Puppets” Jennifer LeClaire describes Jezebel as: “A wicked spirit that has roamed the earth for thousands of years seeking someone to entice into sin, Jezebel is more than a spirit of control and manipulation that many make it out to be. Jezebel is a spirit of seduction that works to woo people into immorality and idolatry….”
Jezebel seduces your will through the lusts of the flesh to carry out her plan to kill, steal, and destroy.
This year we were invited to speak at the International Society of Deliverance Ministers Conference held at The Glory of Zion in Corinth Texas. One of the speakers was Jennifer LeClaire. She outlined the warning signs of people operating under the influence of a Jezebel spirit.
I am sharing some of her insights because I see many believers in church, ministry and work environments under attack by demons directed by this evil force.
12 Indicators of a Jezebel Spirit at Work
- People influenced by a spirit of Jezebel have fear issues of rejection. They control others so that they will not be hurt. Generally, there is a history of trauma or abuse.
- They target the headship. They offer free help to be their top assistant because they want their protection. It hides from the leader’s view but manifests in front of others.
- They make commitments and promises quickly and use recommendations from others to impress others.
- They seem super-spiritual in an exaggerated way to gain acceptance and attention. They have their own agenda. They are looking for disciples of their own. They whine until they get their way.
- They isolate and pit people against each other privately and individually behind closed doors.
- They play the victim. They are never wrong. They blame everyone else. They play on compassion to block discernment.
- They use false humility and feel entitled or owed something.
- They are not accountable to anyone and often accuse others of being a Jezebel.
- They look for others who are hurt and wounded to mentor them.
- They accuse people falsely.
- They operate with insecurity.
- They initiate witchcraft prayers based on selfish motivation.
If you are under a church or leadership authority where Jezebel is at work, you may well be a target for torment. How can you tell? LeClaire went on to offer six indicators to consider:
6 Signs That Jezebel is Directing Attacks Against You
- You become fearful.
- You isolate yourself more.
- You experience unreasonable exhaustion.
- Your thoughts and dreams become sexually perverse.
- Strange and prolonged illnesses hinder you.
- Freak accidents become commonplace.
If this spirit is operating in your sphere of influence, then it is time to take action. Scripture makes it clear that if we allow the works of Jezebel, we are equally sinful.
I know your deeds, your love and faith, your service and perseverance, and that you are now doing more than you did at first. Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophet. By her teaching, she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols. Rev. 2:19-20.
This is not a spirit to fight alone. One can learn how to resist Jezebel. However, for some individuals, the best choice may be to seek out a new church or work environment. The Jezebel spirit left unopposed will destroy ministries, churches, marriages and business. Outside discernment through counseling and deliverance may be necessary to help determine your next step.
*More Ways to Enjoy This Post*