One of my clients described her gift of discernment as a negative gift. She told me she had a hard time connecting with people. “I just know too much about them the minute I meet them and then I don’t want anything to do with them!” she lamented.
A critical spirit will meet you at the door of opportunity to pervert your gift of discernment.
Can you relate to this scenario?
Or have you given up on people?
How Can You Tell if You Have the Gift of Discernment?
- You know a great deal about a person upon introduction
- Your insight allows you to guide others in the right direction
- You can feel the spiritual atmosphere when you walk into a room
- As a child, you could see things in the spirit realm others didn’t see
- You have dreams or visions about people or events
- You know when someone is lying or telling the truth
- Your sensitivity makes you feel different and often rejected
- You have a critical and challenging mind and can see both the pitfalls and the end results of a project undertaken.
Do you see yourself here?
Good, now let’s take a look at what’s holding you back.
Demonic Spirits Attacking Discernment
- The Haughty Stronghold. Your gift of discernment came early with seeing things no one else did. A haughty stronghold attached to this gift will make you uncomfortable in large groups. Its intention is for you to stop seeing the good in people and focus your attention on the negative. It promotes gossip and leaves you on the outside feeling condemned and judged. You may have even murmured, “I hate people.” Spirits in Operation: Pride, Judgment, Condemnation, Critical, and Gossip.
Repent from the pride that goes before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall. (Proverbs 16:18) You are commanded in scripture to love your neighbor as yourself. (Romans 13:9) Deliverance from some of these spirits in operation will help you gain a healthy perspective of who you were created to be thus learning to love yourself and others.
- The Heaviness Stronghold– At the root of this stronghold is rejection. This spirit will try and filter all your relationships through its viewfinder. It specializes in self-protection and putting up walls. You know it’s in operation when you scan a room upon entrance to ensure you are safe. The enemy will use your gift of discernment to feel threatened by what you see in people which will cause you to retreat leaving you lonely and wallowing in self-pity. Spirits in Operation: Rejection, Loneliness, Self-pity, and Depression.
Repent: From looking at others as the enemy. Our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Ephesians 6:12
- The Lying Stronghold Spirits: The demonic kingdom wants to appear bigger than they really are. They lie by exaggerating and magnifying their presence to distort your gift of discernment and keep your focus on them instead. Lying spirits blow everything out of proportion. Their purpose is to steal your gift and your identity so that you do not perform the call of God on your life. Spirits in operation: Deception, Exaggeration, and Theft.
Repent from leaning on your own understanding (Prov. 3) and allowing the enemy to sabotage your discernment.
God will never take his gifts back—don’t misuse them!
So my friends, do not be deceived. Every desirable and beneficial gift comes out of heaven, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:16-17.
Hopefully, this has opened your eyes to the strongholds erected right next to your gift discernment.
It’s time to use that gift of discernment to see what is holding your destiny hostage!
*More Ways to Enjoy This Post*