Did you walk in your healing for a long time and now recognize familiar symptoms manifesting again?
It’s quite possible a familiar spirit of infirmity, pain, depression, fear, or anger that you have dealt with in the past is trying to snare your soul again!
I can often recognize the tactics of the demonic kingdom that are being released on believers by the common themes of torment that repeat in my clients testimonies. It’s almost like sitting in a seat at central command and getting the inside scoop of what war strategies the enemy is plotting.
In just one week, four clients came in all complaining of the same thing. They all knew they had been healed by God years ago, but the symptoms were now coming back.
One client cried that she was miraculously set free from the spiritual torment of schizophrenia a decade ago, and now she could feel the torment of that illness returning.
Another client felt her depression resurfacing when she watched a movie about military suicides. In each of these cases, we discerned a familiar spirit, related to their past, was trying to gain their agreement to the illness so it could steal their healings.
A Spirit of Infirmity Will Inflict Symptoms
I remember the battle I had with a familiar spirit of pain. When I sought prayer from my pastors, I felt the pain stop, then come right back amplified. I remember telling one of them, that when he prayed for me things got worse.
Suddenly, it hit me; these spirits lie their way back in with my agreement in order to steal my victory.
The night I finally recognized what was going on, I was in my car driving home from a prayer meeting. I remember screaming at that lying spirit of pain to release me. I commanded it to go in the name and blood of Jesus Christ and I loosed divine health and wholeness over myself. Instantly all the pain stopped.
I felt foolish that this took three times for me to catch on! But thank God, for clarity!
I also thanked God for tinted windows, because I’m sure this war in my car was quite a sight to see!
The repetition of clients suffering these attacks made it clear to me that the enemy was stirring up familiar spirits of illness in order to keep people from crossing over into the new season in victory. If he can get you to end one season in defeat, you will carry that loss with you for the whole year.
6-Steps to Annihilate Familiar Spirits
- Ask God to show you when the symptoms or thoughts of this lost healing first started. Who was in your sphere of influence when it began and if you had judgment or unforgiveness in your heart? Discerning the starting point of torment is important in order to take those thoughts captive to the obedience of Jesus Christ and release forgiveness if it came in through taking an offense.
- Confess and renounce any lies that you have believed about losing your healing by speaking;
“Father, I confess and renounce any agreements I have made concerning my health. I repent for believing the lies of the enemy. I command my thoughts to align with the word of God. I have the mind of Christ and the wisdom of God is formed within me.”
- Break any word curses by declaring:
“I break every word curse that I have spoken over myself about being sick again. I can cancel that agreement in the name and blood of Jesus Christ.”
- Command all spirits of self-pity to go in the name and blood of Jesus Christ. You do not want to come into an agreement with this victimizing spirit. It is not your friend! As Henry Wright says; “Self-Pity is the super glue of hell that binds you to your past.”
- Command all haughty spirits of self-judgment and self-condemnation to release you in the name of Jesus Christ. Declare out loud,
“I am redeemed by the shed blood of Jesus Christ out of the hand of the enemy!”
- Command all familiar spirits (infirmity, depression, anger, fear, etc.) to release you in Jesus Christ’s mighty name and loose upon yourself truth, victory, and divine health. Declare healing and wholeness to your body, soul, and spirit.
These steps will send that lying familiar spirit running for the hills! A good offense is always the best defense. Discerning the enemy’s tactics in advance will keep you walking in victory.
If you have bought the lie and come into an agreement with defeat, there is a road back to victory. God never leaves you lost and alone. Finding a Christian counselor trained in deliverance is the best way to take back what the enemy has stolen.
It is time to cross over into victory!