If you have gone through deliverance, and are now free from the demons that were once controlling you, have you renewed your mind fully from abusive patterns and self defense mechanisms that were the tools of survival in your childhood?
The renewing of your mind is clearly a process of coming out of agreement from your old belief system and getting down to the lies that were programmed into your mind and stored in your memories at an early age.
I recently watched a movie “Inception” that dealt with inserting a lie into the subconscious of a man in order to produce the desired outcome for his enemy’s agenda. The bad guys wanted to steal his corporation and they wanted to do it with his full consent, his free will! What interested me most about this movie was that they knew the lie they needed to plant had to be simple and done in five words or less. If they could plant this deep within his brain, it would evolve into a full thought process giving them just what they wanted. Sound familiar?
The movie itself was not that interesting, but its theme is found resonating in John 10:10 in the Bible: roughly, that the demonic realm comes to kill, steal and destroy and works even from early childhood. The demons, agents of satan (who wants our soul), get us to believe a lie that may have had its basis in a “fact”. It can be as simple as what I have heard my clients say many times, “my parents didn’t want any more children, “my dad wanted a boy,” “I was a surprise baby,” or “my mother considered abortion.” These facts get twisted by the demonic realm to convince you that you are not loveable, wanted or of any value.
Press On Toward What Lies Ahead
Demonic spirits are like cockroaches and the initial spirit of rejection that enters, based upon believing that lie, can invite in other spirits of abandonment, isolation, self -pity, insecurity, depression and suicide and more. Let me ask you: if you have been delivered from these spirits, have you been renewed from the foundational lie that your life was built upon? Are you ready to let go of the worn out self-defense mechanisms and see things from God’s perspective?
Here are the five keys to truly putting the past in your life’s rearview mirror.
- Purpose to see yourself as whom you are in Jesus Christ.
- Ask God to show you what lies the enemy planted in your mind and memory. If you can go back to that lie without pain then you are most likely free from the demonic attachment. However, there are adjustments that you need to make in your thinking process. That is, if you were once controlled by abusive people does that control still show up in how you respond to others? Did a spirit of fear once have you bound, but now that you are free you still do not know how to communicate and confront?
- Recognize, take responsibility, repent, and turn away from sinful behaviors and patterns. It is time for us all to look closely at what is in our hearts and humble ourselves. If you are still pointing blame at the abusers, you will be held captive to your past traumas.
- Wash your mind in the in the water of God’s word. Henry Wright calls it, unraveling 6000 years of satan’s control. It is the work of taking your life back.”
- Fight one battle at a time. Habits (thinking patterns) will take continual attention for 30 to 45 days in order to build new ones. If you blow it, repent quickly but get back in the saddle. If you can interrupt your old thinking process with what God says for for this time period your thinking patterns will change.
God is working in the hearts of his children with strong discipline these days. Time is short. He wants us ready, bleached, and without spot or wrinkle. If you have felt the “2 X 4” of correction lately, be grateful! God is showing you, what needs to go!