Are you tired of the same spiral of torment that shows up during the holiday season?
Were your family members being used to push your buttons over the Thanksgiving Table?
Do you want a better result at Christmas?
Good! Step one is recognizing the enemies “Top 10 List” of demons assigned to sabotage your holidays.
Discerning the agenda in advance will keep you from falling into judgment and getting hammered in the process. There is a fine line between judgment and discernment.
To help you on your way to disarming the enemy’s tactics in advance, you must first recognize your opponent.
The “Top 10 List” of Holiday Motivated Devils
- Rejection– is the master of all disaster. It leaves you isolated and alone for the holidays. It’s a convincing spirit that screams you don’t belong. If you do attend an event, it keeps you from being noticed or acknowledged. It’s the ringleader for what is to follow on the list.
- Depression-works with dread to keep you hopeless. Depression resists any fruit of joy coming your way from the Holy Spirit.
- Anger-causes you to blow up or sink into a mire of hurt feelings. Either way, it senses your boundaries are broken, and it uses that to keep you in bondage with the offense.
- Perfection-is tricky. It gets you at the beginning of the season striving to make everyone’s holiday perfect, and when your picture of perfection is unmet, it calls you a failure.
- Fear-operates with anxiety to keep you from attending social events. It likes to have you all to itself.
- Confusion/Chaos/Drama-the unholy 3-ply cord of demons that provokes contention in family gatherings and blows up the most minor infractions to world war status.
- Self-Pity– is one of the ugliest spirits because it will come in quietly to bind all the other demons to you with its super glue. It validates all the emotions the others have provoked.
- Loneliness– leaves you home alone feeling abandoned and isolated.
- Poverty-works with theft and worldliness to get you to use credit cards over the holidays excessively. It leaves you with 12 months of payments that steal your joy and money.
- Gossip– is the perpetrator of judgments coming back your way. It’s usually based on the facts of what other family members are doing, but it gets you to judge every time so you will be judged.
My guess is you recognize some of this rag-tag bunch assigned to eat with you and your family, so it’s time to take specific aim and keep them from sabotaging your holidays.
Remember you are not fighting flesh and blood. You are fighting spirits operating in the people you love, and the war is real. (Eph 6:12) Take aim with the right weapons found in God’s word. You must remember to judge righteously not by the flesh. (John 7:24)
I would suggest downloading a copy of our daytime and evening prayers found in our resource library (free to register) to help you bind up the spirits operating in others and allow you to enjoy your holidays.
You can be strategic, or you can allow the demons to dine with you another year but remember Numbers 33:56 says if you let them stay, it will be done to you as it is to them.
Take aim and enjoy your holidays!
*More Ways to Enjoy This Post*