Have you tried everything to keep the boat from rocking?
Have you lost yourself in the battle?
There are demonic spirits behind what the secular world calls narcissism that make you feel like you are going crazy.
These demons hold up a mirror and reflect themselves on to their victims to keep them reeling and off-balance.
The ring leader is the blame-shifting spirit of insanity. It creates chaos and revels in confusion.
I had a close up look at this spirit when I worked in corporate America. I once had a co-worker sent me an email full of accusations. When I asked, “Why would you say such things?” Their reply startled me, “I would never say such a thing.” So I cut and pasted their email and sent it back to them, and they told me they never typed that. It left me scratching my head, wondering what I was dealing with.
This is the black and white picture of what it is like to deal with a narcissist co-laboring with demons of insanity. Your efforts will never be enough. You will never win. The situation will always get twisted back upon you.
There are strategies to shut it down spiritually, but first, we need to identify the top devils behind narcissistic behavior.
The Top 15 Spirits Behind Narcissism
Hint-Listen to the accusations coming from your abuser. They are your outline of what to bind in prayer.
- Insanity- Its purpose is to make you feel like the crazy one.
- Word Twisting- This is a lying spirit that uses your words against you to shift blame.
- Blame, Condemnation, Accusation-They want you to think they are the victim.
- Chaos and Confusion- Leaves you dumbfounded
- Selfishness-It wants to be the center of attention and have full control
- Control-It protects the narcissist’s territory
- Exaggeration – Blows things out of proportion to make mountains out of molehills.
- Insecurity- Stems from an abusive childhood that keeps them controlling their environment.
- Anger/Rage- Linked to Selfishness
- Hiding- Conceals their weaknesses and refuse to face the truth
- Apathy/Boredom- Never satisfied
- Pride- Above all reproach
- Judgment- Looks down on others
- Addiction to Attention-lustful
- Mockery-Provokes to get a reaction
Now that you have the main list of demons, it’s time to bind them. Binding, of course, is temporary, but it will help the person be who God created them to be and give you some clarity.
Remember, after binding the spirits, you must loose the fruits of the Holy Spirit.
A Sample Prayer of Binding and Loosing
Lord, I bind every spirit of (listed above) from manifesting in (name) with the blood of Jesus Christ. I declare they will have no authority over (name) this day, and I loose the fruits of love, joy, peace, goodness, kindness, gentleness, faith, patience, and self-control in Jesus’ mighty name.
It is time to use your authority to expose the tactics of the enemy tormenting your abuser.
Deliverance is always the answer to bring freedom for you both. Let God begin with you even if your partner is not ready. That first step will help you win the war.