If you are prone to being depressed after reading casualty statistics, then turn away now. The demonic kingdom seeks to kill, steal and destroy our youth and families by seducing them away from their parents and from God. The statistics are in, and they are alarming. We see the fruit of this on the front lines as we counsel with individuals and families who are under attack.
As you read these facts (adapted from Joyce Meyer’s book, “Not Forgotten”), know that God offers the truth found in his word for your children. Facts are facts, but Gods truth tells us Jesus came to give us life, not death, and his plans are to prosper us not harm us. Our families and our children need the full measure of the word and power of God applied to healing, deliverance and discipleship to stem the tide!
We need to know our enemy though and here is just a partial snapshot of how he is at work.
- Kills 95% of addicts who do not receive treatment.
- In 2008 52.5 % of tenth graders and 32.1% Of eighth graders were drinking alcohol; 23.9% Of tenth graders and 32.4% of twelfth graders were using marijuana
- 450,000 die from smoking every year in America and another 100,000 die from complications related to alcohol abuse.
- The main types of child abuse are physical, sexual emotional and neglect.
- In 2006, 79.4% of child abuse offenders were the victim’s parents and 6.7% the victim’s relatives.
- In 2006, an estimated 905,000 children were victims of child abuse or neglect.
- In 2006, approximately 312,000 children were removed from their homes due to child abuse investigations and assessments. Of this number around 63.6% had suffered from neglect. 8.6 % from physical abuse, and 16.8 % from other types of abuse such as emotional abuse.
- In the U.S an estimated ten million females and one million males are afflicted with Bulemia or Anorexia
- 95% are between 12 and 25 years of age
- Anorexia is the third most common chronic illness among adolescents
- 72 million people visit porn sites each year.
- In hotels, 80% of in-room entertainment comes from pornographic movies ordered by 50% of all hotel guests.
- Each year the porn industry makes more than $3 billion in Child Pornography alone
- The 12-17 age group is the largest consumer of internet porn
- Studies show between 15 and 20% of adolescents will experiment with it
- 4% of the population currently struggles with this issue
- There is an equal occurrence in both sexes
- Two to Three Million Americans between 13 and 30 cut themselves
- The U.S has the highest teen pregnancy rate in the Western World.
- 4.4 million women between 15 &19 undergo unsafe abortions
- Between 22% and 30% of teen mothers under age 18 have a second baby within 2 years
One aspect of our ministry is counseling and deliverance ministry with children. There is hope and there is freedom in Christ but the enemy of our soul as made great inroads with our young ones.