Has your home become more of a battlefield than a sanctuary of peace? Are you on the defense the minute you get home because you know that a skirmish is looming? Is the spiritual atmosphere ominous and oppressive and you feel powerless to change it?
You are not alone!
Many clients that come in for family counseling vocalize, during their visit, that same sense of lost control. They feel helpless in their own home and fear losing the battle with their spouses and children. They do not understand how to utilize the keys of authority God has given them.
These Biblical keys are meant to be easy to use, but the demonic kingdom lies to believers, so they lose hope and throw in the towel.
Don’t throw in the towel!
Your marriage and family did not get to this warzone overnight. You may need some outside help, but there are some actions you can take now to blunt the schemes of the demonic realm.
Here are 7 action items for you that you can use to begin to restore the peace God intended you to have in your home. You may need additional outside help to address the root issues, but these steps can soften the spiritual soil that needs to be plowed:
- Seek Gods perspective of the situation. Many times we visualize things based on our own understanding and that understanding is based on old information, also known as memories. Things like rejection, abandonment, or isolation, will be a veil that distorts how you see things. Take some time to pray and seek God through his word before you respond in any way. Then look again.
- Surrender each day to God. It’s good to pray Psalm 23 before your feet hit the floor when the Lord is asking you to surrender a person, conflict or a place. Psalm 23 is a bulldozer to you pathway. Speak it out loud before your day begins.
- Bind word cursing spirits from using your mouth or the mouths of others. For example,” In the name and blood of Jesus Christ, I bind any word cursing spirits from using, insert name, mouth and I silence those spirits now in Jesus name from speaking words of death. Instead, I loose words of life to flow from (his/her) mouth now in the name of Jesus Christ. Do this as an offensive move before you enter into conversation with this individual. What you may find is that they have nothing to say. Remember that adage, If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.
- Do warfare over battlefield areas of the home. If there are particular parts of your home that have been warring zones (like the dining room table or the bedroom), go to those areas and:
- Plead the blood of Jesus Christ over the area.
- Break any word curses spoken in general over that area.
- Command in Jesus’ name any demonic spirits that have resided over that area because of those word curses to go, and ask Lord to release a Heavenly Host of warrior angels over that area to protect your home.
- Commit that, for the next 30 days, you will not bring up the past during an argument. If you slip and bring up old baggage, repent and ask forgiveness from God and each other and resume your fast. After 30 days, the habit of dragging old stuff into current conversations will be gone.
- Before you walk in the door each night, ask God to fill you with His love. Visualize yourself walking .into Him; as you abide in the presence of the Holy Spirit, his character will overtake you. As you see God anoint your head with oil, no weapon will be able to form against you. Love is the only weapon that will put hot coals on the enemy’s head. The demonic realm is using your family to ensnare you in the battle.
- Bind demonic spirits and loose the Holy Spirit. Leave the room during an out-of-control confrontation. Go to a private place, even a bathroom, and quietly speak out loud, “I bind every manifesting spirit from operating through (name) right now with the blood of Jesus Christ, and I loose the fruit of the Holy Spirit of Love, Joy, Peace….upon them now in Jesus’ mighty name.” Binding and loosing are our kingdom keys to use. Remember you are not casting the spirits out, you are binding them in general for a short period of time.
These seven actiion items, if properly and faithfully applied, can begin to positively recharge thespiritual atmosphere over your home. Be expectant and persistent and you will see good fruit.
Check out a video blog on this same topic: 7 Ways To Improve The Spiritual Atmosphere In A Tense Home