If you have said these things, it’s time to move from battle fatigue to healing restoration!
Let’s face it: none of us live in the garden of Eden, although we were designed to do just that!
The Bible tells us we were created to lie down in green pastures! (Psalm 23) But sometimes those green pastures seem awfully far from our backyards.
It’s time for some temple restoration and fresh greenery!
Solomon talked about building a temple in times of rest, not war. In 1 Kings 5:3-4 he said: “You know how my father David could not build a house for the name of the Lord his God because of enemies that fought against him on every side, until the Lord put his foes under the soles of his feet. But now the Lord, my God, has given me rest on every side; there is neither adversary nor evil occurrence.”
We are not building temples, but this scripture holds the key to restoring the ones we already have with rest on every side.
I talked about that in a personal testimony I shared on my victory over fibromyalgia. I followed all of the doctor’s orders and gained partial healing, but when I was able to rest from the stress on every side through deliverance, my temple was fully restored to health.
5 Steps To Begin to Rest Today
- Take every thought captive! (2 Corinthians 10:5) Your spiritual authority over demonic power is activated when you declare the word of God. When the enemy brings an assault against your mind in any form, speak the word out into your atmosphere quickly. Declare; “I take these thoughts captive to the obedience of Jesus Christ. My mind does not conform to these thoughts of the enemy. I have a free will to think about what I want to think about! I have the mind of Christ, and the wisdom of God is formed within me. I apply the blood of Jesus Christ over my mind, will, and emotions and declare all harassing spirits must stop their assault now. You are, and always have been, subject to the blood covered judgment of Jesus Christ. You have no authority here!
- Change what you are meditating on! In the declaration above you stated that you could think about what you wanted to think about. So what are you contemplating? Is your meditation focused on things that are true, noble, just, pure, lovely, or good? (Phil. 4:8) Ask God for a new perspective to meditate on when the enemy stirs up the thought war. I personally like to picture my head on Jesus’ chest when I lay my head on the pillow to sleep. That usually halts anything the enemy is plotting to disrupt my peace.
- Do warfare over the battlefield areas of your home. If there are particular parts of your home that are designated war zones (like the dining room table or the bedroom), go to those areas and apply the blood of Jesus Christ over the area. Break the word curses spoken in these areas and command in the name and blood of Jesus Christ the demons harassing you through those word curses to go. Ask the Lord to dispatch His warrior angels to guard your home on every side. Our Home Cleaning Prayer is a very effective tool for extensive restoration.
- Bind demonic spirits and loose the Holy Spirit. Leave the room during any out-of-control confrontations. Go to a private place, even a bathroom, and quietly declare out loud,
“I bind every manifesting spirit from operating through (name) right now with the blood of Jesus Christ, and I loose the fruit of the Holy Spirit of love, joy, peace (and so on) upon them now in Jesus’ mighty name.”
Binding and loosing are our kingdom keys to use. (Matt 16:19) Remember you are not casting the spirits out, you are binding them in general for a short period to restore peace to your environment.
- Commit for 30 days not to bring up the past during a disagreement. If you slip and bring up old baggage, repent and ask forgiveness from God and each other and resume your fast. After 30 days, the habit of dragging old stuff into current conversations will be gone.
It’s hard to stop with just five steps, but these should get you moving in the right direction. If you need the arsenal that we use in our deliverance sessions, please make that call. God can work with your movement, but if you just sit and wait, chances are you will be in the same war next year at this time.