Christian men need help to navigate the jungle that they face. There is lots of wrong help and advice out there that they can fall prey to. I want to recommend 5 excellent websites, with free resources, that can truly help men become all God has called them to be as leaders, husbands and fathers.
Facebook and our website analytics confirm what we already know in the Center: even when men need help, it’s usually their wives, girlfriends or mothers who who do the research for them! If you are a woman reading this article, I want to encourage you to be creative in getting this information in front of your man of interest! He may need additional help or counsel, but these sites offer a reasonable place to start
The faith topics, and associated URL’s, represent opportunities for freedom and growth in maturity as each Christian man walks the narrow road that leads to life (Matthew 7:13-14).
There are other excellent resources also, but the material on these sites is biblically sound. Each website emphasized the bible and the power of the Holy Spirit to bring good fruit. The free resources comprise one or more of hardcopy teachings, MP3 audio files, blogs or daily emails. All have for-sale resources as well, but I want to highlight those items that are without cost.
- Faith/Personal Discipleship – Andrew Wommack Ministries. http://www.awmi.net/
- Why I recommend: Andrew is an excellent teacher who clearly and concisely lays out biblical principles coupled with sound practical advice. His audio lessons are clearly presented and particularly anointed. He covers every area of the Christian walk, including evangelism, anger management, worship, fear of the Lord and so much more. His teachings on faith are among the best I have heard. http://www.awmi.net/extra/audio/faith. I receive his daily email devotional and it is excellent.
- Free resources: Audio teachings (http://www.awmi.net/extra/audio) and daily devotional emails if you sign up on the website. Faith audios:
- Sexual Purity– XXXChurch http://www.xxxchurch.com/men/
- Why I recommend: This website offers sound and practical help for men in the area of their sexuality and also battling pornography.
- Free resources: Blog articles on a variety of topics.
- Husband – Love & Respect Ministries http://loveandrespect.com
- Why I recommend: I have been recommending Emerson Eggerich’s book “Love & Respect” to every counseling client that is in a relationship. This book provides biblically sound and intensely practical steps for each partner to take if they want to obey Ephesians 5:33 (However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband. (NIV)). This is also an excellent resource for wives.
- Free resources: http://loveandrespect.com/blog/Blog articles received by email.
- Father – Focus on the Family http://www.focusonthefamily.com
- Why I recommend: This ministry has lots of excellent resources but their daily radio show broadcasts are catalogued and available on their website. They also have a blog section specifically for fathers.
- Free resources:
Audio broadcasts: http://www.focusonthefamily.com/parenting.aspx. There is also a lookup option available to find specific topics.
Father-focused blogs: http://dadmatters.focusonthefamily.com/
- Grace – Joseph Prince. https://www.josephprince.com/
- Why I recommend: Prince’s teachings on grace are excellent and, as with Andrew Wommack, very clear and concise. Most men, who have been conditioned to receive merit upon what they do, need a greater revelation of God’s grace and unconditional love for them.
- Free resources: Daily email with a scripture and short teaching. I receive these daily emails and they are excellent; they cover a variety of topics, but the recurring theme is receiving and walking in God’s favor and blessing. Sign up on the home page.
For all the negative and spiritually damaging content on the web, there are many sites and reources that offer biblical help and hope for men who want to get right with God and become better husbands and father. We hope this brief overview can help some start down the narrow road that leads to life (Matt 7:13-14).
I would love to hear from you about other sites you’ve found that are helpful. We’ll expand the list as we get feedback from you.