We know that Satan and the demonic realm hate God, hate Christians and hate the Bible. Fortunately for them, much of the church of Jesus spends little time teaching about their plans, schemes and modes of operation.
There are many scriptures about demons we need to know, but I want to highlight two that are frequently ignored or minimized. They reveal a lot about our foes!
Christian lives, marriages, ministries and churches perish by the thousands because of this lack of knowledge (Hosea 4:6). These are two scriptures can make us wiser about the demonic realm and help us engage more efficiently in spiritual warfare.
- Matthew 12:43-45 says, “When an impure spirit comes out of a person, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’ When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that person is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation.”
- It’s repeated again in Luke 11:24-26. Most biblical scholars contend that any teaching God chose to include twice in the bible is probably pretty important, and we should take heed!
These short passages tell us that demons:
- come out of a person (think deliverance)
- need rest (which means they have minds and emotions because they do not have bodies)
- think and communicate with one another (it brought seven friends back)
- will return to the house (body) after they’ve left and they are looking for an open door
- vary in degrees of wickedness. Some are evil; some are less evil, and some are very evil.
Why is this significant? We are in a battle against the demonic realms still, and while discernment is key, information is very helpful. God’s people perish because of lack of knowledge. Ignorance of the demonic realm’s strategies and tactics leads to derailments of lives, marriages, churches and ministries.
The bible contains a lot of teachings about the demonic realm and directives on how to move efficiently in spiritual warfare. However, these passages are typically minimized or glossed over. Yes, the passage above tells us that the house (our earthly temple) needs to be occupied by the Holy Spirit but there is so much more here that is missed.
Some contend that we do not need to be concerned about Satan and the demonic realm because he has been defeated. The reality expressed in Hosea 4:6 applies here.
World War II military scholars assert that the victory over German was assured after a successful D-Day on June 6, 1944, however; the war continued until May of the following year. Many soldiers on both sides lost their lives during that period.
We are still battling an enemy of our soul who is looking to kill, steal and destroy. Spirits are seeking to enter in, and they are looking for open doors. Do you know what the open doors are? Do you operate in the spiritual gift of discernment and see spiritually when spirits try to come to your house?
If not, you need to gain more insight from reputable sources. You should also ask for greater gifting in discerning of spirits (1 Corinthians 12:10), believe you have it and begin to walk in it! We have the victory, but we need to take hold of it, and there is still a season of warfare.
*More Ways to Enjoy This Post*
See the Video