If you have ever paid attention to your first thoughts, you would quickly understand the agenda the enemy is scheduling for your day.
Warning! Warning! Danger! Danger! Your first waking thoughts are not yours! They are the bait to snare your soul with lies.
The demonic kingdom makes it very clear they want to own and operate your day! Their plans are to kill, steal, and destroy your hopes, dreams, and plans before you even get out of bed.
I used to have lots of days that began with dread. Before I could even open my eyes I could hear:
- “I can’t get up and face today.”
- “I am depressed.”
- “I am tired.”
- “I am a failure.”
Because I did know these thoughts were not mine, I would just go along with them, and my day would continue with dread by my side.
Thankfully, I no longer have days that agree with the enemies lies but that does not stop him from tempting me in the morning.
Not too long ago, I was heading to Jacksonville to pray and minister at a conference with Dutch Sheets and Chuck Pierce. I had looked forward to this day with great excitement but when I woke up that morning, I remember thinking I would rather just stay in bed. When I came to full consciousness, I realized what day it was, and rebuked that lying spirit!
The enemy had overplayed his hand on my special day, and he was not going to win!
Demons cannot read your mind, so they try to control your thinking process by overwhelming you with their thoughts. They act like a used car salesman trying to hook a sale. They operate on the odds of hit ratio: the more ideas they throw at you, the higher the likelihood you will bite.
By understanding how demons try to control your day beginning in the morning, you now have the power over their scam.
It’s time to learn how to restart your day!
- Pay attention to the theme of your first thoughts. With the depression, it is usually sadness, gloominess, dread, fear of failure, shame, and guilt.
- Bind these spirits operating with a stronghold of depression by speaking out loud; “I bind every manifesting spirit of depression with the blood of Jesus Christ, and I declare you have no hold over me or my day!”
- Loose the fruits of the Holy Spirit by speaking out loud: “I now loose love, joy, peace, goodness, kindness, gentleness, patience, endurance and self-control over me in the name of Jesus Christ.”
- Shift the atmosphere immediately in your bedroom and declare out loud; “The righteous shall live in peaceful habitations in quiet and secure resting places because this day is holy to our Lord. I will not operate in sorrow, for the joy of the Lord is my strength (Isaiah 32:18 with Neh. 8-10).
These steps will help you negate the agenda of the enemy before it starts.
However, If a stronghold of depression has kept you stumbling it may be time to go deeper and seek Christian Counselors that can help you break its hold once and for all.